WE WILL BE CLOSED THE 4TH OF JULY.
Humane Indiana Shelter will be closed this 4th of July. Please keep animals safe with these safety tips:
* Leave pets at home and inside. Fireworks can be terrifying to pets, even pets who are accustomed to being around crowds and commotion.
* Create a home sanctuary. Leave your pet in an area of your home where he or she is safe, comfortable and sheltered from any outside noise and lights. An interior room without immediate access to the outside is preferred. Playing a radio with relaxing music may help mask the sound of fireworks.
* Pet-proof your home. When scared, some animals may become destructive so be sure to remove anything from reach that can become damaged or may harm the pet if chewed or eaten.
* Identification is essential. Pets may panic, escape and become lost. Updated identification is critical to ensuring lost pets are reunited with their families. Ideal identification is both a tag and microchip (make sure your chip is registered on a site such as www.petmicrochiplookup.org).
* Consult a veterinarian for pets with anxiety. Consult your veterinarian before the Fourth of July to seek out remedies to lower your pet’s stress level if this is a known issue.
WISHING EVERYONE A SAFE AND HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
Hunt for treasures, support animals in need. Your purchase will provide loving care and humane shelter for unwanted pets and injured wildlife.
Paws resale & Consignment Shoppe
Humane Indiana’s Paws Resale & Consignment Shoppe has a well-earned reputation among region bargain hunters. Home furnishings, sports gear, holiday decor, electronics, and knick-knacks—you never know what you might find on our shelves. We also offer consignment space to local crafters, artisans, and hobbyists. Inventory changes daily, visit often!
Paws is open Monday–Thursday 10:00am to 5:00pm, Friday–Saturday 10:00am to 6:00pm, and closed on Sundays. Visit our store at 8149 Kennedy Ave., Highland, IN. Please phone for questions about donating items, drop-off and pick-up, or volunteering at the shop: (219) 838-7297.
When can I drop off donations? +
Monday through Saturday from 10 am to 3 pm.
How do I drop off donations? +
The drop-off location is in back of our building. The door is clearly marked. Please ring the bell and we’ll help you as soon as we can.
What items do you accept? +
Household items, art work, toys, books, China, everyday dishes and drinkware, jewelry, collectibles, pet items and furniture.
Which items are not accepted? +
We do not accept televisions, clothing, shoes, car seats, cribs/pack and plays, mattresses, sewing machines, large exercise equipment, computers and printers.
How may I contact you for a pickup? +
Please call (219) 838-7297 to inquire if pick up is available.