Spay & Neuter
Spaying or Neutering Saves Lives
Fixing your pet provides protection from various health risks
Our spay/neuter clinic has performed over 10,000 low-cost surgeries to communities in need across Northern Indiana and Illinois since opening our doors in 2011.
Fix your pet!
There are many reasons why spaying and neutering are crucial:
- Fewer animals means fewer homeless pets.
- States with the highest spaying/neutering rates have pets that live the longest.
- The shorter life span of a pet that is not spayed or neutered is often due to an increased urge to roam. This can expose them to fights with other animals, getting hit by cars and other dangers.
- Reduces the risk of certain types of pet cancers.
- Urine-marking (lifting the leg) or the urge to spray can be avoided.
- Spaying your female dog eliminates the risk of developing a deadly infection of her uterus called pyometra.
Decreases long-term costs:
- Care for reproductive system cancer can be very expensive.
- Pets not spayed or neutered may cause serious fighting between unaltered pets of the same gender and can incur high veterinary costs.
- Pet license renewal can be more expensive. Many towns require spaying or neutering, or charge higher license fees for unaltered pets.
Schedule an Appointment
Please call (219)922-3811 for more information or to schedule an appointment.